ORF, the national Austrian broadcaster, will be holding the 2013 Austrian national final tonight.
Osterreich Rockt Den Song Contest 2013 will be held at the ORF Studios in Vienna and will be aired live on ORF Eins. A total of 5 acts will compete for the golden ticket to Malmö. The show will be hosted by none other than Andi Knoll and Mirjam Weichselbraun. The 2013 Austrian Eurovsion entry will be selected via a 50/50 televoting – jury deliberation.
How and when to watch the show:
- 20:15 CET- ORF Eins television channel
- 20:15 CET – ORF official website here –
- 21.00 CET- Eurovision Song Contest official website – here
- You can watch the show on demand here
About the show
The 5 competing candidates will each perform 2 songs (a Eurovision winning entry and their own potential Eurovision entry for Malmö). The acts will perform the classic Eurovision entries during the first part of the show, whilst they will perform their competing entries later. The 2013 Austrian entry will be selected via a 50/50 jury and televoting deliberation. The special jury will consist of 5 judges representing 5 different countries: Marija Serifovic (Serbia 2007) , Shay Byrne (Ireland), Luke Fisher (United Kingdom), Anton Zetterholm (Sweden), Gerd Gebhard (Germany).
The acts competing tonight:
- Yela – Feel like home /Love shine a light (UK 1997)
- Falco Luneau – Rise above the night / What’s another year (Ireland 1980)
- Elija – Give me a sign- Euphoria (Sweden 2012)
- Natalia Kelly – Shine/ Ne partez pas sans moi (Switzerland 1988)
- The Bandaloop – Back to fantasy/ Waterloo (Sweden 1974)
Austria debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1957 and has won the event in 1966 with Udo Jurgen’s Merci, Chérie. Stay tuned to esctoday.com for more information regarding the 2013 Austrian national final and the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest.