RTSH, the Albanian national broadcaster, has requested submission of songs for the 51 edition of Festivali i Këngës that selects the song to represent Albania at the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest.
The national broadcaster has already started with the preparations of the Albanian national music festival, Festival i Këngës 2013. RTSH has recently published a promo clip where they make an open call for songs.
The artists can submit their entries at 8th and 9th of October at the RTSH studios. Later in the month a professional jury will select the songs that will participate in the 51 edition of Festivali i Këngës.
Festivali i Këngës 51 will most likely be held at the Pallati i Kongreseve in Tirana around the Christmas time.
The participation rules:
- The song has to be recorded in a CD
- The song has to be completely finished
- The singer has to deliver the lyrics in a print version and also a profile picture
- A songwriter can have only one song in the competition
- A lyricist can write maximum two songs for the festival
- The artist or the songwriter has to deliever the song at the 8th or 9th of October at the RTSH studio
- The artist has to be older than 16years
It’s not mentioned but it’s a standard rule of Festivali I Këngës that the songwriters has to be Albanian.
Albania had their best ever result at this years Eurovision in Baku, when Rona Nishliu finished 5th with her ballad ‘Suus’.